I am pleased to announce the results of the first Okie Blog Awards as decided by Oklahoma bloggers.
- Best Overall Blog – Cutting to the Chase
- Best Political Blog – BatesLine
- Best Family Blog – Sleeping Mommy
- Best Humor Blog – The Daily Bitch
- Best Audio Blog – iROK Radio
- Best Blog Layout – Fistful of Fortnights
- Best Unusual Blog – Tom Coburn is a Big Fat Jerk
- Best Writing Blog – dustbury.com
- Best Culture Blog – Reflections in d minor
- Best Inspirational Blog – An Audience of One
- Best Commercial Blog – Oklahoma Wine News
More info here.
The voting was extremely close in most categories with one category resulting in a tie between two nominees. I voted to break that tie based on the fact that one of the blogs in question had already won in another category.
Two of the categories seemed to confuse some people by their ambiguous titles – Best Unusual and Best Inspirational. I will rethink the nomenclature of those categories for next year.
Congratulations to the winning bloggers and also to all the blogs that made the final nomination list.
And thanks to all of you who helped make these Awards a success.